Are you ready to push the boundaries of your collages and think outside the box?
Come along to create endearing collages on cradled hardboard panels using luscious vintage papers and antique photographs. Learn the essential mechanics of building a sturdy character vignette complete with metal wings, hats and other decorations cut from vintage tins.
You will learn about:
- cold connection attachment mechanisms and their multiple applications!
- treatments for different types of papers to ensure they look exactly how you want them to!
- the essentials for marrying metal and paper together!
- confidently creating compositions that go ‘over the edge’!
The techniques you acquire in this workshop will upgrade your idea toolbox and lead you into new and exciting creative collaging adventures!
Supply list: A full supply list will be provided with class registration and are things that most people have on hand, but I want you to know that there are a few tools and supplies that are essential for completion of this project so that you can budget accordingly. You will learn how to use these tools and supplies in class and I believe they are a good investment for future projects…you won’t use them just once! (Click on the item name for a link to a picture and information.) Also, you don’t have to worry about having imagery and papers to complete this project…I have collaborated with Marsha Jorgensen of Tumble Fish Studio to provide some collage sheets for you to use in this workshop!
- Hand drill-I recommend Fiskar’s version-available at most craft and hobby stores.
- 1/16th inch drill bit-available at any home supply store.
- Fiskar’s Soft Touch Micro-Tip scissors-available at most craft and hobby stores.
- Small clamp-available at most home supply stores.
- Cradled hardboard panels-you can often find these at craft and fine art stores.
Would you like to see what past participants have created in this workshop? Take a peek at the video below…
“I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Stephanie Rubiano in her “Over the Edge” class. Her explanations are easy to follow. She breaks the process down into manageable steps. She gives great creative guidance for people who don’t quite know where to start. But most of all, she is fun to work with! I love the pieces I created in this class and I’ve continued to use the skills she taught me to make more art at home. Sign me up for another round, please!”
“Stephanie is an amazing teacher. She has a great way of sharing her ideas, showing you tips and tools and sparking creativity in her students. I have taken several of her classes and I always come away with a wonderful piece of art and inspiration to do more!”
“I loved this class! And second best is to have it online…”
*By clicking on the purchase link, you are agreeing to Studio Rubiano Workshop Policy…so you might wanna read it first.
You will receive a confirmation email after payment with more information on the workshop!
See you in the classroom!